Friday, January 29, 2010

Showing Compassion

Leah and her plethera of animals/babies.. this isn't even half of them. Here she is giving her "bear bear" a kiss.

It's amazing how pure and compassionate the heart of a child is.... Today, Leah was sitting on my lap coloring and she went to open the cap of her marker and she pulled so hard that it swung back and hit me in the throat. I, of course, jumped and said "OW!" She turned around, looked up at me with the sweetest eyes, put her hand on my cheek and said "Mommy... you k?" (you okay?)

I had to go to Walgreens to get my prenatal vitamin prescription filled and Leah was in the back in her carseat with her baby doll (of course we cannot leave the house with some sort of array of baby dolls or stuffed animals....). I have a mirror attached to my rear view that allows me to see her without turning around, so I was watching her and she held the baby tight up to her chest, kissed her on the head, and told her something (jibberish, I have no idea...) and then she rocked it (as much as she could with her straps on) and said "ahh baby." I told her what a good big sister she was going to be and then she proceeded to "burp the baby" and pretend belch really loud. We have been practicing rocking and burping her baby dolls so she's prepared when baby brother comes along.

Anyways, its amazing to watch how sweet and compassionate she is. I just hope all that compassion stays in tact with a stinky, crying baby around :)

XOXO, Sarah

I got a haircut so here it is with my 22 week baby belly.

0 comments: