Friday, November 13, 2009

Elmo?

Leah's new obsession is Elmo... every morning I turn on Sesame Street while she eats breakfast and I get ready for the day. I've been doing this since she was a baby but she never really paid any attention to it until a few weeks ago, when she learned how to say "Elmo." She watches him intently and dances along to "Elmo's World..."
When we go to Walmart, every toy that is red or somewhat resembles a monster is called "Elmo!" and I have to explain to her, "No, that's Mickey Mouse..." or "That's right, Elmo, and we wave at Elmo when we go by.. hi Elmo! bye Elmo!" otherwise we will be buying every damn Elmo toy that was ever made.
Well last night, I thought I heard her at around 3:00am so I went into her room to check on her. She looked up at me with this big silly grin and said "Elmo??" and then laughed, and closed her eyes really tight again. She must have been dreaming about Elmo, and it was so stinkin cute.
Tim puts Elmo videos on the iPod and she carried it around dancing and singing with Elmo. It's cute but if I have to hear "Elmo's song" one more time.........................

0 comments: