Tuesday, December 8, 2009

in a nutshell...

Well, we are headed to Maryland tomorrow for the Holidays! I'm so excited to see my family and have a nice relaxing vacation. I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off today trying to pack and clean the house (nothing like coming home to a clean house!!) even though Tanner (our neighbor) will be staying here to watch the house and the dogs. But in the midst of all of the craziness today I thought I would give a run down on the happenings of the past few weeks.... Here goes....

On Thanksgiving, we went to Aunt Chris' house like always and had a nice lunch with the family. I took off early and headed to Scottsdale to visit my friend and old roommate, Michelle, for my first overnight trip away from Leah! Tim was off the next few days so he offered to watch Leah while I went up and had some R&R (much needed after my nauseating first trimester!!) I had a nice time with Michelle and even went and got a prenatal massage! It was heavenly and just what the doctor ordered. I missed my baby so much though!! It was nice to get away but I wouldn't trade my life for anything! (even if that means getting up 6 times a night....)

I had my 13-week doctor's appointment and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat and see him/her on the ultrasound. He/she was waving at us and swimming all around in there, doing backflips and all kinds of nonsense. I go back on December 23rd and hopefully will be finding out if we are having a brother or sister!! We are having a hard time deciding on names...

Not much else has happened. We had a crazy wind storm last night. The town looks like a tornado rolled through. I couldn't sleep at all since the wind and rain was shaking the house. I heard on the radio some guy's skylight blew right out of his master bedroom! It was pretty intense. Luckily we didn't lose any trees or anything.

Well I should get back to packing... tomorrow is going to be a whirlwind of a day! We leave Yuma to drive 3 hours to Phoenix, our flight from PHX is at 1pm and then we have a layover in Tennessee and then finally get to Baltimore at 10pm! It's going to be a long day and I'm praying that little miss Leah behaves herself, but she has never failed us. Wish us luck! And we can't wait to see you all!! XOXO

0 comments: