Monday, April 12, 2010

Bubby


Yesterday we made the hard decision to take our dog, Bubby, to a new home. We decided about a month ago that we just can't give him all the love and attention and exercise that he needs and started on our journey to finding him a new family to love. He is a great dog but is just so full of energy that we couldn't keep up with him in our small condo with a small back yard. The thought of having 6 of us (with the new baby) in here in a few weeks made my blood pressure skyrocket and we all knew it was just for the best for all of us.
We got a few responses and finally decided on this couple named Les and Jul. He is a retired marine and she works part time at their church as the nursery director. They have a great family and someone always around to play with him. They have a large home and a decent sized yard for him and Les runs every day. I took Bubby over there yesterday to meet them and you could tell he instantly took a liking to Les. I stayed for about an hour to make sure I was happy with the decision and managed to leave without crying (until I got in the car at least). I know this is the best thing for both him and for our family. Our other dog, Felony, doesn't even seem to notice... in fact I think she's happier too because she gets to go on walks again (it was just too chaotic with 2 dogs and a 2 yr old) and we even took her to the station to visit Tim last night and she and Leah got to run around together. Leah doesn't seem to notice either, she asked for him once or twice, but is focusing more on Felony.
Les and Jul agreed to keep in touch with us and keep us updated on how Bubby is doing. I got an email from Les last night and this morning and Bubby seems to be doing great and has taken a liking to their one-year-old grandson. Here is an email I recieved this morning that I thought I'd share:
Good morning Sarah!
Thought I would attach a few pics this morning.
We all did fairly well, he was kind of ansy throughout the night in his new surroundings but again, new sights, new sounds, new smells it's to be expected. We got up and he joined me on a good 3 mile run this morning and he did great, stayed right with me, didn't fight the leash, didn't try to chase dogs, cats or cars.
Have a good day.
Les


The picture above is a picture that Les sent.. he looks happy.

Anyways, we miss that little guy but we know this is the best thing for him and for us. He'll always have a special place in our hearts! XOXO, Sarah

0 comments: