Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Orange You Glad You Ate That?



So Sunday night I was on my way home from dog-sitting (yes, I'm a jack of all trades..) and I didn't feel like making dinner so I did what any normal mom would do... take out! I ran through the Panda Express drive thru for my favorite - orange chicken! I came home and Leah and I shared my rice bowl.... or shall I say DEATH BOWL! A little less than an hour later it hit me like a ton of bricks... I will spare you the nasty details but let's just say at one point I was on the toilet and throwing up in the bath tub at the same time. What else was I gonna do? Leah seemed fine at this point so I thought I was coming down with the stomach flu that was going around. I put in a call to Tim, who was at work that night, to warn him that he might have to come home early to take care of the kids because I thought I had the flu. After losing it a few more times, I called him back and told him you better hurry! He rushed home to save the day, just in the knick of time! He gave the kids a bath and put them to bed while I was praying to the porcelin gods...
Not 5 minutes after Leah went to bed, she started crying and then throwing up. I knew we were in for a rough night and I was SO glad Tim had come home. Leah and I laid on my bed, both of us shaking and taking turns throwing up. After about the 4th time Leah threw up and my 10th, we decided we should go to Prime Care.
Grandpa came over to sit at the house while Chase slept and Tim swept Leah and I away, buckets in hand, to Prime Care. There they determined we had gotten food poisoning and gave us both some Zofran to help with the nausea and told us that it would pretty much have to run it's course.
We got what sleep we could that night when we got home around 2am, after washing sheets and blankies and bleaching the bathtub and carpets. The next day we both were pretty much zombies. We didn't start to feel better until later Monday night and then on Tuesday we were both completely back to normal. Phew. I have never felt that sick before. Needless to say I will never be eating there again!!
I'm just so glad Tim was home to pick up the pieces and take care of Chase AND sick Leah because there's NO way I was going to be able to do that on my own!! Because there's no PAUSE button on motherhood!

0 comments: