Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside...and it's about damn time.

Well, it's finally cooled off here in good ole Yuma, Arizona. This summer lasted FOREVVERRRRR and I'm not kidding. Once November hit it finally started to hit below 80 degrees and now it's been in the 60's every day... and we're cold! And we love it! We have been outside every second we get a chance.. because over the summer I vowed once it hit below 80 degrees that I would not waste one more minute inside this flippin' house. The past few days it's been too windy and we have all managed to catch the cold that has been running around all over town. Leah cries "Mommmyyyy booooogerrrrssss!" Nothing worse than a whiny 2.5 year old that's for sure! But we'll manage.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, it seemed like everyone jumped right into Christmas mode before even letting the turkey settle. I'm overwhelmed with christmas music and lights and pictures of everyone putting up their trees. The truth is I'm feeling a little "bah-humbug" this year. I'm sure I'll snap out of it eventually, but I have no desire to hang lights or put up our tree. This is the first year.. I think ever.. that I'm not going home for Christmas. There's just too much going on and it's not in the cards right now for us. Maybe what I should do is drag my tree out this week and hang some lights and the Christmas spirit will follow....
But for now all I want to do is put on my hoodie, turn the heat up to 74, get in bed with all my blankets and fall asleep... until the sleep terrorist wakes me up :) Hey, he slept for like 6 hours straight the other night! It was a miracle and I'm hoping something that will catch on!!
Goodnight, world. Bah humbug. xoxo

0 comments: