Monday, March 22, 2010

Bad Mommy Diaries

Today I felt like the worst mommy in the world!! I know it happens to the best of us but I was cutting Leah's fingernails and she was wiggling and I must have snagged her skin because as soon as I pushed down she screamed "OWWIE!!!!!!!!! FINGER!!!!" and then the tears and the blood followed... I got a big chunk out of her thumb. I tried to make it "all better" by rinsing it with cold water, giving it a kiss, and applying a band-aid, to which she screamed even louder saying "OFF! OFF! NO FINGER!" How do you explain to a 2 year old that they need to put a band-aid on an open wound to keep it from getting infected? Well.. you don't. You take it off to make the screaming stop and hope for the best. I put on Barney and she forgot all about her owwie. The rest of the night went smoothly. She ate all of her dinner (including hidden peas.. HOORAY!), we went for a nice walk and played at the playground, and now she's settling down with her milk and blanky about ready to take a bath. I'm sure she'll remember her owwie once the soapy water hits it... fun.

Well I posted a statement on my facebook asking other moms to share their stories so I didn't feel like the only bad mommy. I got amazing responses... everything from dropping their babies to locking themselves out of the house with the baby still inside and slamming fingers in doors. I even called my mom and she told me once she was taking a camera off from around my neck and she knocked my front tooth out! If I don't remember THAT traumatic experience, I'm sure Leah won't remember this little owwie on her finger. I know I'm being melodramatic but remember I'm pregnant.

ANYWHO.. here are some cute pictures of my girl.
We saw a horse in the parking lot at the mall this morning and she was tripping out!!



This was right after her owwie.. She found her sunglasses ("fasses") and watched Barney to make her feel better...


Tonight on our walk. What is it with kids and puddles?

0 comments: