Saturday, March 6, 2010

Big Girl Bed Extravaganza!

Well the other night Tim was at work and I was feeling very brave so I decided to attempt... drumroll please... the BIG GIRL BED! I moved the crib to the other side of the room, put her toddler bed where her crib used to be, switched the mattresses and blankets so they were all the same ones that she had in her crib, and even rigged the crib bumper on there to make it as crib-like as possible.
Leah went wild as I was rearranging her room so I had to wait about an hour before attempting the bath and bedtime routine. I wanted her to be as tired as possible. When it was time for bed, I replaced rocking/singing to her with reading stories, which she was up for (again! again!). And then when I told her it was time for ni-ni she walked over to her crib and looked at me with this very puzzled look as to why I was standing over at her toddler bed and not putting her in her crib. She stood there for a minute and then came over and crawled into her new bed. I told her "time to sleep in your big girl bed!" and she patted the edge of it motioning for me to lay down and said "you too mama?" HAHA so I laid down with her for a few minutes and then told her goodnight and shut the door and held my breath.

She fell right asleep!!!! I didn't hear anything and so about a half hour later I went in to peek on her and she was sound asleep! SHOCK!

She stayed in bed all night until about 3am and then she realized she could get up and come in my room. I hear "HI MAMA! FROG? RIBBIT! MILK? MORE MILK?" LOL I chuckled and told her "no baby, time for ni-ni" and took her back and laid her down in her bed. She came out a couple more times and I just took her back to bed (and again held my breath...). She went back to SLEEP!

SIGH.

I just couldn't believe that it was that easy! If you know us, then you know Leah has been a HORRIBLE sleeper from birth up until we did sleep-training (aka cry it out, hold your breath, wear ear plugs, argue with your husband about whether or not you should pick her up, etc etc...) at about 15 months. Alas, she finally slept through the night so you can see why I was terrified to change it up any. But much to my surpirse, she proved me wrong. She successfully napped there yesterday and slept all night last night! What a relief!

Here are some pictures to mark the occassion.... enjoy :) XOXO, Sarah


The set-up!


Confused at first...


8:30PM SOUND ASLEEP!! (she sleeps diagonally like me....LOL)

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Leah is so cute!!! I love that picture of her sleeping - it's hysterical!