Monday, March 15, 2010

"I'm not sleepy yet!"



This was my FAVORITE childhood bedtime story. I can't tell you how many times my mom and dad read this to me "again! again!" When I had Leah, my mom passed down the precious "Sleepy Squirrel" book to read to her. Since she's graduated into her "big girl bed" and we've replaced songs with stories... this has become a bedtime MUST! As soon as she gets her jammies on and her hair dried, she runs over to her rocking chair and grabs the book saying "SKIRL SKIRL!" (squirrel). And so it begins... I read it to her "again! again!" usually 2 or 3 times and then it's off to bed and lights out. I just think it's pretty hilarious that she's taken a liking to the same book that I did growing up. She makes sure to point out all of Little Maple's tub toys.. "ball. turtle. boat. whale!" and on the last page, Little Maple is sleeping in her big girl bed with her blanky and she LOVES that Maple's blanky matches her own. She says "banky banky! banky too!" It's the cutest thing, I just want to gobble her up!


And here I am with my 28 week baby belly.... This boy NEVER stops moving! My stomach looks like there is an alien taking over. He gets the hiccups every time I eat or drink something. I know I said I wanted to take this pregnancy slow, but I'm so over it!! Only 80 days to go......

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Leah is SO CUTE and I love your belly!