Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kitties!


Last night Leah was playing outside on the side of our house (she likes to run up and down the sidewalk) and Tim noticed her staring at something and pointing saying "CUUUUUUUUUUTE!" He went over and sure enough... kittens! 4 of them! The "boy" cat (we never looked, just assumed it was a boy for some reason) who has been a stray in our yard for the past couple of years must have taken a liking to that particular spot on the side of our house and had kittens!
There's 3 black ones and 1 gray kitty. They are so flippin' adorable! They must only be 2 days old; their eyes are still closed and mama is nursing them happily. We put some tuna and some food and water out there for mama kitty (who we have always called "TK" aka Trailer Kitty because she used to sleep under our trailer in our driveway).
I'm not sure what we'll do with them yet, or what we are supposed to do. I called a friend at the Humane Society but she hasn't gotten back to me yet, and I know in my heart they will just be put down if I take them there. Any suggestions? Fly them to Maryland to live as foster kitties with my mom? Sure! She'd love it! :)





and here is my 30.5 week baby belly! getting awfully cramped in there...

1 comments:

Writing Down Gems said...

When they're old enough, put them in a box, make a sign that says "Free Kitties", set up camp in your Wal Mart parking lot, and you will be kitty-free in 3 minutes.