Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Girls' Night Out!



I had big plans for this Halloween since Chase was born... Leah was going to be a princess and Chase was going to be a frog. The princess and the frog..cute, right? Not. Halloween weekend, Chase wasn't feeling well. We decided that Tim would stay home with Chase and I would take Leah to the Harvest Festival at our church.
Well that night, Leah decided she didn't want to wear her princess costume.. there was no persuading, bribing, or tricking her into wearing it. Plan B.... think think think.... what do I have around here that somewhat resembles a costume? AHA! I had Leah's FOX Motocross jersey that Grandpa got her for Christmas... paired with some black stretch pants and goggles around her neck.. motocross rider it is! So I put on my cat ears and we headed out to the festival.
We had a great time, just us girls! There was a petting zoo (which we frequented.. I'm not kidding, at least 20 times), pony rides, and games. Oh, and of course candy :) We stayed out until way past her bedtime and then stopped at Applebee's for some ice cream on the way home! It is so fun doing one-on-one things with her now that she is old enough. She was talking about the animals all night and when we got home she ran to Tim and said, "DADDY! I want a pony!" *Sigh* My girl :)




0 comments: