Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Monkey Man & The Power of Prayer



Today when we came home from church, I put the kids down for their nap. Chase was asleep in the car on the way home, so I just transferred him to his crib and he stayed asleep. Well he woke up a few minutes later so I let him stir for a little bit to see if he would fall back asleep. When I realized he wasn't going to go back to sleep, I went in and got him up only to find that he had spit up in his crib and then rolled himself all in it... it was in his hair, his eyelashes, and he stunk! So I gave him a quick bath and then let him lay on the floor in his room wrapped up in his monkey towel butt naked for awhile. I got some of the SWEETEST pictures of my little man:






Tonight when it was time for bed, I did the usual routine and laid him down. He fell asleep for about 20 minutes ...long enough for me to get Leah a bath and put her to bed... and then he woke up crying. I gave him a bottle and he drank a few ounces and I laid him back down (he usually falls back asleep) but this time he just got himself more worked up. He screamed and screamed... shrill, unconsolable screams. How can something that was SO cute just a few hours ago be so awful tonight? I thought. Nothing consoled him.. I tried rocking him and I even brought him out into the living room with me for awhile to watch TV and that only pacified him for a few moments. I put him back in his crib and he continued to scream for about 20 more minutes. As I was sitting there half watching TV and listening to him cry, I felt silly all of the sudden. I got up, went to his room and picked him up. I held him tight and pressed his little cheek against mine and I prayed over him for a few minutes. I laid him back down and he fell asleep almost immediately and I haven't heard a peep from him room since. All I can say is wow, why didn't I think of that sooner??

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

1 comments:

Lara said...

I don't know who I feel worse for; the crying baby or the mama who has to try and console the crying baby!! So glad you were able to quiet him.

And he is a CUTE monkey!