Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Livin our love song...

Today, August 18th marks 5 years and 12 days since Tim and I met...today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. That's right...if you know your math that means we got married after knowing each other for 12 whole days.
And yes...we were totally crazy.
I remember the night we met and stayed up until 3am talking that I knew I was going to marry him. You could call it love at first sight if you want to. He was everything I ever wanted and had all the qualities I wished for in a husband. We spent every possible minute of those 12 days together learning everything about each other and every deep dark secret we ever had. I had never been more in love and more sure of something my entire life. And I don't know exactly what we were thinking that afternoon of august 18th to go to the courthouse and seal our fate but we did and it was the craziest, worst, and best decision of our lives.
Let me explain... Craziest: obviously...12 days!
Worst: my family being 3000 miles away...my family is the most important thing to me in the world and why I didn't bother to think about them missing out on this moment kills me and I'm lucky that they forgave me and that they accepted him with open hearts and open arms because they didn't have to after what we put them through. I never fully understood how much it hurt them until I had kids...because if Leah ever ran off and got married to a stranger the way I did I would be devestated. But I'm happy to say that he fits right into this crazy family of mine and they have grown to love him just as much as I do.
Best: let me just say this marriage could have gone really really wrong...we had a LOT of things (and a lot of people) against us at first. But I believe all of that only drew us closer together and I'm happy to say we're still crazy about each other. I'm still on that same high for him that I was 5 years ago. We have had our fair share of ups and downs and a few surprises along the way but he never ceases to amaze me. He is still everything I wished for in a husband and the best father to our babies. I thank God every day for bringing him into my life. We have had a lot of crazy adventures together and I look forward to what lies ahead of us.
Now come with me if you will as I take a little journey through our life in pictures... (warning: picture overload!!!)



One of those 12 days :)




Our courthouse wedding August 18, 2005





Just married!





Imperial sand dunes - winter 05





Camping New Years Eve 06





Camping on the beach - Rocky Point, Mexico 06






One year anniversary -vowel renewal ceremony in MD for my family in the church I grew up in





Just married...again! 8/18/06





Summer 2006






Big Bear, CA ski trip 01/07






Las Vegas -February 07






El Gulfo, Mexico Spring 07




My birthday -April 2007



Summer 07



"honeymoon" in Fiji - 2 year anniversary summer 2007









Fiji





August 2007




Souvenir from Fiji! Pregnant with Leah -Spring 2008



Waiting for our baby girl!



Leah Joan is born - 4/23/08



3 year anniversary as a family of 3! 8/18/08




Halloween 08 camping @ dunes





January 09 - my brother's wedding in Minnesota





April 09 Leah's 1st Birthday! Cruise to Catalina and Mexico




Winter 09 in Maryland




Pregnant with Chase - Spring 2010




Chase Timothy is born 5/26/10...Leah is 2 years old




My whole world - Summer 2010


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love it love it love it! Happy Anniversary you crazy kids!