Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Target Pee Incident

Well it was bound to happen eventually......Leah's first public "accident." I had to run to Target to get a birthday present for Dylan's party on Saturday. I asked Leah before we left the house "do you have to go potty?" NO. Of course not. When we got to Target, we stopped in the family restroom because I had a suspicion that she had to pee... put down her Winnie the Pooh portable seat on the toilet.. sat her down. Nothing. Ugh. Okay, packed everything back in the diaper bag and out shopping we went. We were just about done and I wanted to stop in the men's department and look for something. As we were walking down the aisle, Leah was whining to be carried. To avoid a fuss, I picked her up with my 3rd arm as I'm still pushing Chase in the cart in his carseat. When we got to the men's dept I went to put her down because my arm was KILLING me. She started crying "MOMMY NO!" I looked down and she's standing there with pee rushing down her legs and soaking her shoes and the Target carpet. AWESOME!
Luckily we were right next to the dressing rooms... there was no associate to be found so we just went in and I stripped her down, wiped her down, and changed her into the change of clothes I had in the diaper bag (Always carry a change of clothes in your diaper bag!!). She was crying so I explained to her that accidents happen.
When we were all cleaned up, we went to check out (mind you my kid is now shoeless..I'm still carrying her because I don't want her to walk on the gross Target floor.. Leah's probably not the only kid to ever pee on it.. and since Chase was in the cart with the carseat, there's no room for Leah to sit in the back) I went to find an associate to tell them what happened. Well, let me start over.. I contemplated for a few minutes .."do we peepee and ditch? or do we tell someone?" Apparently my daughter decided for me because all of the sudden she saw someone and said "I peepee on the floor! I peepee a LOT!" Oh I could have died. LOL. So I had to explain to the nice Target man that my daughter had an accident blah blah blah. On the way to the counter she was telling EVERYONE we saw that she peed on the floor. Gotta love kids.
All was well. We checked out, and I carried my shoeless hillbilly girl out to the car and home we went.
Here is a picture of the aftermath of her shoes...

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hahaha, "I peepee a LOT!" So cute!! You handled it perfectly! I neeeeeever bring a change of clothes for Hannah - I guess I should!